Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sneaky Soaping

As some of you may (or may not) know, I have been banned from making soap until we move. I have been trying to be good, even moved my soaping gear out of the current den of falling everything to the other home. I was good for about a week after moving my stuff over, but...


Let's interject with the graduate soap making course and the amazing scent of freshly made and cut soap sitting around airing itself until the day it can be used. I honestly thought I was doing the right thing by moving over my soaping gear from the current home to my new (old home) to remove the temptation to soap. Well, I could take no more and soaped today all by myself!  No watchful eyes, just me, the Lye and the oils. I know, I should have waited, but I couldn't. 


I currently have cooking, a simple batch of EVOO, coconut oil, palm oil, cocoa butter with the smallest amount of tussah silk, fragranced with Brambleberry's Love Spell (I had two x 10ml bottles). I have two brand new soap moulds being broken in and my new loaf cutter will get a workout tomorrow.


I did work out a few things for myself - need glass measuring jiggers, need a metal spoon to get out the harder butters/oils, I need to break down my cocoa butter as the chunks are still too large to melt easily, move the microwave to somewhere accessible and safe!

But, when all was said and done, I am pretty chuffed that I managed a new recipe all by myself, with no help, no assistance or me cracking wise ass comments...

So, what should I call this soap?

Soapy hugs
Kayla

For those wondering why I am using palm oil... It came as park of an auction that I won on Ebay a while ago. Rather than throwing out good ingredients, I would rather use it until it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment