Monday, January 27, 2014

D-day is Drawing Near

The count down is on. I have watched countless hours of YouTube videos on cold process and hot process soap making. Studied what trace is, gathered and sourced recipes, searched for bulk ingredients and other suppliers...yet I have not made ONE. SINGLE. BATCH. OF. SOAP...yet...

1 February 2014 is D-day. The day I make my first batch of soaps under the guidance of Remmington and Emmett. I have even made an apron to celebrate the inaugural soap making batch. OK, I have yet to get the rest of my safety gear, stab blender, mixing bowls, oil, lye...yeah, you get the idea. Noob ahoy! These ladies have no idea what they are in for...a dictionary's worth of questions!


P.S. if anyone would like one of these aprons, I can make one up for $45 AUD, plus postage. They are calico and lined with cotton, have super extra long tails and fit almost anyone. Machine embroidered front and pockets. You can have 1, 2, or 3 pockets, the centre pocket can be zippered for market stall cash float. Please e-mail me for details and options! one sixth couture at gmail dot com (leave out the spaces).

No comments:

Post a Comment