Sunday, June 29, 2014

Soap Swap: Anything Goes - Fail No. 2


Oh dear, where do I start... The colours after gelling are a little better but the soap is SOFT. I am going to have to leave it in the mould a bit longer. Made on Wednesday, unmould attempt No. 1 on the following Sunday, unmould attempt No. 2 on the following Wednesday, unmould attempt No. 3 coming up the following Sunday. The top is hard but the sides... Still quite mushy. I'll be bringing this one home to put in the freezer and see how I go...

Oils:  olive oil, macadamia oil and coconut oil (ran out at this stage). I ran what I had left through the soap calc and it seemed to work... Ummmmm...
Fragrance: Nature's Blush - it accelerated, not madly but pouring an ITP swirl became difficult in the end and I think it began to rice as well. It looked fine but started to get thick and looked not as it should...
Colour: TD and blue oxide. I was going for an ITP swirl... I'll try again on another recipe and in a loaf mould rather than cubes.

Soapy hugs
Kayla

1 comment: